The study that launched all of the Credo House. More than 3,000 churches have benefited from the crucial foundational training found in Introduction to Theology.
This Powerpoint Bundle has 2,702 Slides
The 60-week theology program kicks-off with Introduction to Theology. Its primary purpose is to lay the foundation. It will teach you skills for developing a Christian mind. We do this by helping you construct a solid foundation for thinking through life’s most important issues. We will begin by establishing the reality and nature of truth and then learn that rightly interpreted Scripture is the final arbiter of truth. You will learn the about various sources for theology and the way that different people use and misuse these sources.
Module 1: Introduction to Theology (309 Slides)
The 60-week theology program kicks-off with Introduction to Theology. Its primary purpose is to lay the foundation teaching you skills for developing a Christian mind. We do this by helping you construct a solid foundation for thinking through life’s most important issues. We will begin by establishing the reality and nature of truth and then learn that rightly interpreted Scripture is the final arbiter of truth. You will learn the about various sources for theology and the way that different people use and misuse these sources.
Module 2: Bibliology & Hermeneutics (550 Slides)
- The vital difference between the Protestant and Roman Catholic views of authority.
- Why we believe the Bible today essentially is the same as when it was originally written.
- Why we believe that the Bible today has the right books.
- Learn the different views of inspiration and inerrancy.
- Why we believe the Scriptures alone are the inspired word of God.
- The historical-grammatical-literary hermeneutics.
Module 3: Trinitarianism (482 Slides)
- Come to know God more fully and more truly.
- Become familiar with the various worldviews that exist, understanding that everyone lives according to a certain perspective produced by their worldview, but that more often than not these worldviews are inconsistent in their details.
- Learn the main arguments for the existence of God.
- Understand the historical development that early Christians went through trying to understand the doctrine of the Trinity.
- Have a greater understanding and appreciation for the relationship of the two natures of Christ.
- Learn the importance of the creeds of Nicea and Chalcedon.
- Learn about the current issues of evangelicalism relating to the attributes of God such as the Openness debate.
Module 4: Humanity & Sin (356 Slides)
- Struggle with the question, “Why did God create man?”
- Gain knowledge of the different theories concerning human constitution.
- Have a greater understanding of what it means to be created in the image of God.
- What affect the fall had on the mind of man as well as his moral, social, and volitional abilities?
- Gain an appreciation of human dignity by learning that while man is not what he was supposed to be, yet he still retains great dignity by reflecting the glory of God.
Module 5: Soteriology (485 Slides)
- Come to know that the doctrine of salvation encompasses everything from predestination to glorification.
- Gain knowledge of the different views of predestination.
- Have a greater understanding of the various theories of the atonement held throughout the history of the Church, especially of the vicarious substitutionary view.
- Understand the different views of justification, by appreciating the Churches struggle during the time of the Reformation to answer the question, “How is a person justified before God?”
- Learn that salvation is a definite act and an ongoing process called sanctification.
- Various theories concerning those who never heard of the Gospel.
Module 6: Ecclesiology & Eschatology (522 Slides)
- Learn the various views of the nature of the Church.
- Understand the difference between the universal body of Christ and the local church.
- The ways people have understood the relationship of Israel to the Church.
- Gain a greater understanding of the purpose of the Church by asking the question, Why is the Church here?
- Gain an understanding of what the essential ministries of the local church are.
- Learn the various theories concerning the end times.
- Study the glories of Heaven and the fears of Hell.